Friday 8 January 2010

Timber floors | Getting cheap quality timber floors

I have been thinking recently about which floors to get in my new home, my old homes have usually been quite dirty and messy, because I used to paint sometimes, but now I have a studio. This means that the home will be a wonderful luxurious environment. I was first told about timber floors, about a few years ago when my friend wanted me to fit some. I think because I am the type of person that is good at fitting DIY things, he thought I would be an expert in fitting timber floors. Of course this is not the case, which is bad for me because I would have fitted the timber floors I want myself, if this was the case. So yeah you guessed it timber floors are the floors that I would like in home environment.

I have often that timber floors are quite expensive, but they really aren’t, they’re actually quite cheap and if you look in the right places you will be able to get them for dirt cheap prices (check link above). You can also get great information and tips on what to look for when buying your timber floors. I have had good advise one what to think about when getting timber floors, in terms of colours and shades. I would suggest that you think a lot about the type and shade of timber floors that you would want for your home, before you go and look for your timber floors. Think about the colours that are already in your home and think about how it would match with what you are thinking about. If you are unsure then just use your instinct, it is honestly quite hard to get a bad colour of timber floors. Seen as most timber floors come in brown (but different shades of it) you should know that you will not drastically wrong if you get a shade that is a bit way out. To be honest these shades will probably just make you a bit more reluctant to getting timber floors that don’t stand out. If you think about all these things whilst purchasing your timber floors, then you will have no problem in getting decent timber floors. The grains that you will get will be quality as long as you get them from recommended places, and most of the good official companies can be found online (check link above) and they will be able to provide you with great resources for the timber floors that you will be wanting to get your hands on.

No comments: