Tuesday 22 December 2009

Social media is terrible

Facebook and Social media seem to be taking this whole social media to a whole new level now. From about a week ago face book officially announced that it will be allowing people who browse the web to be able to see all your personal details. These are detail such as your name, email address, interest, photos and wait for the best one... your telephone number? I mean come on? Why would anyone want to let the whole world see their telephone number, all those little enemies you made at school, now social media allows them to stalk you till death! The best thing about it, if someone harasses you on facebook then you can report then. But social media is now allowing the world to see you the details that were once meant to be so personal and disclosed. Has social media gone insane. You know what I thought yesterday about Social Media, but this just takes it to a new level. Apparently I hear that there is the option to change these setting on your facebook. I deleted my account a while ago so I’m unable to state how true this is. Can anyone confirm this? OR does it default you into allowing the browsers of non social media websites to have your phone number and personal details. I find this quite disturbing and sent a letter to facebook stating this:

I find your way of working totally intolerant people’s personal information should not be available for the whole world to see unless especially want this to happen, your taking this social media game way too fast now. Im not impressed with your social media network, nor am I impressed with the way it works of functions, I am very disappointed at the way you have changed over the past year and don’t wish to be involved with you. Goodbye.
Also although I’ve deactivated my account when I type my name into Google images, my image still comes up from my profile (which is meant to be gone). Please take this off as you don’t have copyrights to this image file.

Do you really think they replied to my email, do you really think they care; social media will doom all society should we not stand up and speak about. Oh yeah and my image is still in Google images, don’t trust social media people, just don’t.

No comments: